|Chapter Leader Tina Lindstrom shares highlights from the past year.|
- Engaging over volunteers in over 9,000 hours of service;
- Forming partnerships with 11 local organizations;
- Soliciting $1,355 in cash and in-kind support; and
- Sponsoring 10 events (almost once/month!) to bring together AmeriCorps Alums, current members, and the community in the name of service.
We were also honored to be joined by our 2014 Champions of Service:
- Nick Montini, who went above-and-beyond this past year as an AmeriCorps VISTA serving with the Errera Center as part of the Veterans Recovery Project and member of the InterCorps Council;
- Jennifer Turner, a (five-year) VISTA alum who continues to inspire current members and her students at University of Bridgeport;
- RYASAP, a leading community-connector and AmeriCorps supporter in Bridgeport; and
- Representative Jim Himes, represented by Tyrone McClain, for his unending support for national and community service both locally and in Washington.
VISTA alum and New Haven mayor Toni Harp was also there in spirit, issuing a proclamation "urg[ing] citizens to join [us] in finding ways to give back to their communities."
|Friends from NeighborWorks New Horizons show their best #cookiesmiles, courtesy of Insomnia Cookies|
Together we raised over $600 to support AmeriCorps Alums-led initiatives and service projects (stay tuned for one exciting mini-grant opportunity to be announced soon!)
For more pics, check out our Facebook album at http://bit.ly/CTAlumMeeting.
|2014 Leadership Board (l-r): RJ Mercede, Noor Al-Ghanem,|
Tina Lindstrom, Shannon Mykins, Colleen Mattatall, and Sam Rigotti
We'll see you next year!