AmeriCorps Alums: Join the Hurricane Sandy Recovery Effort
- Reach out to the Alums Chapters in NY and NJ and offer to do the organizational work for them to arrange service projects days to help support/organize a service project that will benefit folks hit hard by Sandy in NY and NJ.
- Serve Rhode Island has begun outreach and is preregistering volunteers for recovery operations. Visit its website to get more information.
- New York Cares is maintaining a list of Hurricane Sandy response projects and is making an additional call for help with its coat drive in New York City this week due to additional demand created by Sandy.
- The HandsOn Network is preregistering volunteers in the affected areas and maintains a list of agencies that need help for Sandy relief efforts. Check in with these agencies to offer help.
- NECHAMA is on the ground in New York and New Jersey performing debris removal, mucking, and gutting services. If you live in the area, register to volunteer by visiting their website.
- If you can’t physically travel to the areas affected by Sandy, consider having a fundraiser to help the volunteer agencies working in relief and recovery. Many are listed on the Hurricane Sandy page on serve.gov.